Rugby Union Program
The CCSC Rugby Union Specialist Sports Program creates an environment for every student-athlete to develop to their desired best. The program is designed with flexibility to accommodate 7s and XV-a-side players of all levels whilst maintaining a strong focus on developing core skills and technical ability. Supported by Rugby Australia, the college also has close links with the Central Coast Junior Rugby Union, Country Junior Rugby Union and NSW Rugby to ensure that players looking to further develop their game have a clear development pathway.
Inge Visser, former Dutch International and current NSW Waratahs coach heads up our girls academy league/union program. Training our student athletes in a number of code-related sports including OzTag, touch football and rugby 7's, it will prepare them for pathways into professional female programs.
Mahalia Murphy, dual international in both 7s and XVs is the CCSC ambassador for Rugby and will provide support and guidance to the program and offer insights into the professional game. Our Rugby Union coaches have a variety of international experience and qualifications that allow them to deliver progressive training sessions and position specific expertise.
Training the Whole Person
A fundamental component of the curriculum is our Athletic Development Program. On completion of testing, students receive an individualised program designed to increase overall performance and decrease the likelihood of injuries. Players are educated about the importance of recovery, nutrition, psychology and mindset – elements pivotal to sporting excellence and peak performance.
Our Program Includes:
- A comprehensive academic and sports program for K-12 students
- A range of College run bus routes covering many locations across the Central Coast
- Balanced meals prepared daily in our cafe by our in-house chefs, ensuring our active students receive the nutrition they need
- Uniforms, school bag and tracksuit
- Personal IT devices to facilitate classroom learning
- A majority of the College excursions
- Annual College camp (Years 3-12)
- And much more...