Central Coast Sports College are seeking an innovative, energetic and inspirational individual to join our teaching team commencing in Term 1, 2019.
CCSC offers a full-time sports program where all of our students are part of a sports development program that is incorporated into their full primary and secondary education. Our specialist teachers work collaboratively to create integrated learning experiences for our students.
The successful candidate is a qualified teacher with approval to teach in Australia. They encourage self-reliance and inspire students to have a love of learning. They are willing to collaborate and work in a team teaching environment in open learning spaces. The successful candidate will have an understanding of different teaching and learning methodologies and how these may be applied in the classroom. Experience and expertise in supporting a teaching and learning computing environment is an advantage.
This is a full-time role commencing in the new college year for 2019.
To apply please send your resume, plus a covering letter outlining how your experience and qualifications explicitly match the criteria listed below.
Qualifications and experience
- University degree in related teaching discipline – bachelor of teaching/education
- Accredited teacher status in NSW with the NESA.
- Working with Children’s check approval
- Current First Aid Certificate
Knowledge and skills
- Demonstrate a sound understanding of the secondary curriculum for HSIE
- Demonstrated knowledge and commitment to the ethos of our college with a focus on alternative teaching approaches
- Be passionate about creating and delivering a highly innovative, child-centered curriculum
- Well developed classroom management skills and embrace an open learning environment
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills
- Collaborative team member skills in co-operative planning
- Ability to develop differentiated learning programs to meet the individual learning needs of students
- Competency and engagement in eLearning pedagogy as applicable to this age group (experience with Canvas would be an advantage)
- A strong work ethic
- An understanding of the needs of developing and elite athletes
- An ability to work flexible hours to suit the needs of the college
- A team player with creativity, drive, and initiative
- Ability to maintain effectiveness in a dynamic pressurised environment and translate opportunities into action plans
- Demonstrated high level of organisational skills
- Enthusiasm for and commitment to enabling continuous improvement of student learning
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.Closing date: Apply asap as the role will be filled as soon as the right candidate is found.