At the Central Coast Sports College, we blend academics and sport to create the optimal environment for balanced learning.
We are proudly progressive, committed to an active education that provides access to a wide portfolio of sports and activities to not only stimulate our students but also promote good health and wellbeing.
We believe in inspiring our students to become active learners who set goals and shoot for them – creating more confidence and a deeper engagement in learning.
We aim to maximise value for our students and families through the implementation of cutting-edge teaching tools and techniques and, we keep abreast of the most up to date educational products* available globally. After all, we are preparing our students for roles that may not even exist yet and to succeed in a dynamic world.
We are recognised for our holistic approach and our goal is to inspire our students to be the best they can be. To facilitate this, we believe in being open to new initiatives in regards to our academic and sporting offering, which is key to our future growth and on-going success. This approach has led us to further strengthen our teaching and coaching staff with several key appointments. We continue to introduce state of the art educational technologies and tools such as the Walker Learning methodology. This evidenced-based framework developed by Kathy Walker, the renowned Early Childhood Educator, has been successfully implemented at numerous schools in Australia and internationally.
We are also extending our sports programs and activities to engage more students with their sport of choice, whether they’ve aspirations at an elite level, simply enjoy playing sport or just like to lead a healthy, more active lifestyle. This year we are adding Netball and a Multi-sport Program along with a continuation of our Mindfulness training through our newly appointed Wellbeing Coordinators. We are always investigating additional sports to include in our portfolio, so watch this space.
To support these activities we are also in the planning phase of extending and upgrading our facilities. This includes:
- creating a larger athletic gym
- constructing x5 multi-purpose outdoor courts for Netball, Tennis, Basketball, Futsal and other court sports
- construction of a new artificial sports field
- an indoor multi-purpose court
- plus an indoor gymnasium.
To ensure our active students receive the nutrition they need, our Café provides all students (and staff) healthy, high quality lunches prepared daily by our own chefs.
*Our leading international education technologies, systems and methodologies include, but are not limited to:
- Maths Pathway
- MAP Growth – Maths, English, Language and Science dynamic diagnostic
- Seesaw student Digital Education Portfolios
- 7 steps to Writing success; Mathletics
- Canvas Learning Management System
- every student has a device iPad or Chromebook
- App smashing, as a way of showing learning through technology
- Assessment focus is more formative and less summarise assessment – we measure growth not outcomes
- Walker Learning Pedagogy – curriculum that is linked to the students interests
- Open space classrooms
- Academic readiness based classes.