College Netball Program
CCSC K-12 Independent Sports College launched a specialised netball college program, supported by Netball NSW and catering to the Central Coast’s three netball associations, Gosford, Wyong, Woy Woy and beyond.
The CCSC Netball Program provides a holistic program that focuses on individual student development delivering a best practice training program based on the Netball Australia’s (NA) core curriculum of skills. It is designed to maximise the potential for pre-elite performance outcomes and provides a training environment that is delivered by qualified coaches and support staff.
CCSC Netball Head Coach – Di Brown
Di Brown – currently Central Coast Heart Netball High Performance Pathways & Programs Manager, has extensive experience in netball youth development, from Head Coach for the Northern Territory Institute of Sport to Netball NSW Volunteer Workforce Manager overseeing coach development and NSW regional academies. She is also a Netball Australia endorsed course presenter, coach developer, assessor and mentor.
- Year 7-12 netball college students will participate in a fully specialised program from 2019
- Netball will be included in our multi-sport program which offers a weekly mix of sports such as football (soccer), tennis, gymnastics, swimming, cricket, athletics, basketball, judo, softball/baseball and AFL.
- Primary college students interested in netball are encouraged to enrol in our multi-sport program.
- The home ground for our netball program is Adcock Park, West Gosford.
- Coaching Excellence:In ongoing sessions, players will work with experienced coaches to develop technical and tactical skills.
- Holistic Growth:Off court modules include sport life balance, mental toughness, nutrition, leadership and accredited coaching/umpiring courses.
- General Athletic Development:Testing and an introduction to Strength and Conditioning will improve speed, power and reactive ability on court and will lessen the chance of injury.
- Competition:Students will represent their school in the regions Netball Association (Gosford/Wyong/Woy Woy) competition that is focused on individual, unit and team development.
- A step on the Player Pathway.